vendredi 1 janvier 2010

nothing but blue skies/tom mcguane*

On the other hand, he remembered his first joke and there was a connection. He'd heard it from his Brooklyn-born barber when he was a kid. Somebody put an orange in a robin's nest and when the young birds came back, one said to the other, "Look at the orange Mama laid." In the barber's accent, it sounded the same as "orange marmalade." There was a time when I thought that was a really fine joke.


"What are you doing today?"
"I'm going to see Gracie."
"Gracie," Phil said as his face helplessly darkened. "What's she doing back in town?"
"How the hell should I know? What's Smokie doing in Montana? What's June doing on a Buick lot?"
"What's my wife doing fucking the doctor?"
"And so on. Exactly."


nothing but blue skies/thomas mcguane
*
not sure what the handsome fellow would think about me calling him tom

Aucun commentaire: