mardi 21 janvier 2014

junot diaz, Drown


     I had never been sad more than a few hours and the thought of that sensation lasting a lifetime scared the hell out of me.

                     p. 9 / Ysrael

     Holy shit, Cut said. I'm drooling all over myself.
     I looked over at him but he black stuble on his chin and neck was dry. This shit is potent, I said.
     That's the word I'm looking for. Potent.
     Strong, I said.

     ... Upstairs my neighbors have their own long night going and they're laying out all their cards about one another. Big cruel loud cards.
     Listen to that romance, she says.
     It's all sweet talk, I say. They're yelling because they're in love.

                     p. 47 and 52 / Aurora

     Do you smoke? I asked.
     It makes me break out, she said.
     Makes me sleepwalk.

                     p. 117 / Boyfriend


 

Aucun commentaire: